Safety Risk Management (Classroom, 3 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
Safety risk management is a key component of a successful safety management system, required to assess the risks associated with identified hazards and to develop and implement effective mitigation. During this course review your safety risk management process according to the ICAO safety performance requirements. Learn how to improve your operational safety by correctly identifying hazards, providing effective controls to mitigate safety risks, and reducing equipment loss and damage.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALS-46
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand the four main principles of operational human performance
- Identify safety deficiencies, hazards, consequences and risks
- Apply safety management principles
- Describe safety risk evaluation fundamentals
- Perform safety risk evaluations
- Use safety assurance concepts
- Four basic principles of human performance
- Operational human performance
- Operational errors and consequences
- Safety management principles
- Safety risk management
- Operational system description
- Components and activities of an operational system
- Processes, activities and tools
- Hazard identification and analysis
- Safety risk evaluation
- Safety assurance
- Safety performance monitoring
- The relationship between safety risk management and safety assurance
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline operational managers
- Corporate and operational safety managers, analysts, coordinators
- Post holders
- Quality managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: