1-day (6 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Explore the strategic concepts that help organizations and leaders within an industry understand how the strategies impact performance, risk management and business continuity in IATA’s Strategy Development for Security Departments’ course. You will examine the ability of security departments’ to conceptualize future direction, whilst understanding the value of integrated relationships with the other business units, stakeholders and entities. Gain the tools to create frameworks, add value and support strategy execution of the vision to better support critical responsibilities.
Course Code: TSCS-75-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 6 hours to complete and be held over 1 day.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Entry-level or Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Develop practical initiatives that are enablers to developing and sustaining organizational aviation security culture in the long term
- Integrate strategic security thinking at Board level, based on risk
- Communicate achievable and shared strategies across the business
- Implement effective strategic management capabilities
- Evaluate the effectiveness of aviation security in the long term
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Creating strategy
- Horizon scanning
- Strategic business plans
- Financial information for business decision
- Interoperability between different business models
- Strategy modelling and communication
- Transforming strategy into action
This course is recommended for:
- Airline and airport security management
- Security managers and supervisors at airlines and airports
- Ground handling or security provider staff
- Insurance and Security consultants
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80 or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.