Temperature Mapping Study (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
About the course
3-day (24 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Temperature mapping is a process of identifying the differences and changes in temperature that occur within a designated storage area. A temperature mapping exercise for any new temperature-controlled storage area shall be carried out before its use, according to the international regulations such as WHO, EU Good Distribution Practices Guidelines (GDP) and International Society for Pharmacoepidemiology (ISPE).
During this course you will gain theoretical and practical knowledge on how to conduct a temperature mapping study related to storage areas designated for temperature-controlled healthcare products.
Course Code: TCGT-15-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 24 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of GDP for pharma and healthcare products and CEIV training.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Enhance your understanding of pharma specific requirements in the area of in-transit and/or cross dock storage
- Provide insights in practical application and enhance audit readiness
- Discuss regulatory requirements, national and international related to storage of Time and Temperature Sensitive Pharmaceutical Products (TTSPPs)
- Identify levels of application of these requirements for GHAs, airlines and forwarders in air freight supply chain
- Relate practical insight from mapping study Protocol preparation to final Temperature mapping
Select the best strategy for deciding on type and number of EDLMS, where to place control devices according to risk assessment
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Regulatory requirements for storage of medicinal products
- General requirements for storage areas for Time and Temperature Controlled Products
- Use of Electronic Data Logging Monitor (EDLMS)
- Pharma specific storage area requirements
- Temperature mapping study preparation and execution
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Pharma responsible personnel
- Quality assurance managers
- Warehouse and operation managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Pharmaceutical Handling Diploma
Preparing you with the regulatory and operational foundations you need to start handling temperature-controlled shipments and show you how to build specialized pharmaceutical services into your daily operations.