Cargo Supply Chain and Transport Modes course (partner-taught or self-study)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 401 participants from 45 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
100-hour partner-taught or self-study course
Build necessary knowledge regarding supply chain management, logistics and different modes of transport. You will learn the key principles and concepts in freight transport management, multimodal transport operations, the unitization and containerization of cargo, and the transportation of dangerous goods by air, land and sea.
Course code: TCGP-80
- This course is available in printed and e-book format.
- This course requires approximately 100 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Enrol at an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- This is a partner-taught or self-study course, which will take you approximately 100 hours to complete, depending on your previous knowledge and experience.
- The course materials are provided in e-book or printed format. Please choose the format when you register.
- You will have 12 months to complete the course and exam (enrollment validity), which starts from the date you purchase the course.
- The recommended level for this course is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- Performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Please note: Once you have completed the exam you will no longer have access to the course material, and after the 12-month enrollment validity expires you will no longer have access to the course content, nor will you be able to take the exam.
Study with the help of an Instructor
If you would prefer to study this course with the help of a local trainer, enrol at an IATA Authorized Training Center near you.
- Please refer to our shipping fees and applicable taxes.
- When you click to purchase the course, you will be directed to login to your Training Account through our Customer Portal. If you have previously taken a course with IATA, please have your login details ready, if not, you will be prompted to create an account.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, a Training Account must be created for each individual. Registration and payment must be made through each individual Training Account. You may pay for multiple individuals by using one credit card or bank transfer in each individual’s users Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact our Customer Service representatives for more information on how to register multiple users.
USD 375 (e-book) / USD 375 (printed)
USD 420 (e-book) / USD 420 (printed)
What you will learn
Upon completing this course the students will have the skills to:
- State the supply chain business process integration.
- Recognize the scope of freight forwarding services.
- Describe advantages of multi-modal transportation.
- Describe different types of transport corridors-air, road, maritime and inland waterways.
- Describe the unitization and carriage of dangerous goods.
- Describe diversity of modes and modal competition.
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
Introduction to supply chain management
Freight forwarding services
Unitization of cargo and transportation of dangerous goods
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
All staff involved in air cargo transport chain
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the information about Online Exams with Remote Supervision (OERS), and check the Course Edition List for Exams (pdf) when booking your exam.
- Method: Online exam with remote supervision (OERS)
- Format: 60 multiple-choice questions. Closed course book exam.
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60% correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Air Cargo Diploma (self-study)
This diploma will give you a well-rounded introduction to today’s complex air cargo industry, helping you get a head start in your career at an airline, freight forwarder or ground handling company. You will learn about the key stakeholders in the air cargo supply chain, how they operate, and the skill sets you need to stand out as a desirable candidate.