Cargo Supply Chain and Transport Modes course
Build necessary knowledge regarding supply chain management, logistics and different modes of transport. You will learn the key principles and concepts in freight transport management, multimodal transport operations, the unitization and containerisation of cargo, and the transportation of dangerous goods by air, land and sea.
Course code: TCGP-80
This course is available in textbook and e-textbook format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center
to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- This course requires approximately 100 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
If you are ordering printed materials that will require shipping, please check the shipping fees and applicable taxes.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact Us for more information on how to register multiple users.
USD 375 (eBook) / USD 375 (printed)
USD 420 (eBook) / USD 420 (printed)
What you will learn
Upon completing this course the students will have the skills to:
State the Supply chain business process integration.
Understand the scope of freight forwarding services.
Describe advantages of multi-modal transportation.
Describe different types of transport corridors-Air, Road, Maritime and Inland waterways.
Describe the Unitisation and Carriage of Dangerous Goods.
Describe Diversity of Modes and Modal Competition.
Introduction to supply chain management
Freight forwarding services
Unitization of cargo and transportation of dangerous goods
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
All staff involved in air cargo transport chain
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course Edition List for Exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision or an exam in one of IATA’s Exam Centers (where physical presence is required)
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions. Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 60
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 36 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 54 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: