ULD Train the Trainer (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 46 participants from 14 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
5-day (40 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Enhance your skills as a Unit Load Device (ULD) instructor with the latest teaching methods. Develop teaching objectives specific to ULD build-up and handling by reviewing flight accidents, and understand the function of regulatory regimes in flight safety. Ensure that you are up-to-date with the latest standards, guidelines and best practices with this hands-on course, which focuses on both training and ULD operations and management. Over 5 days you will boost your skills, and identify and address your needs as an instructor by testing and developing your classroom skills. With the help of performance objectives, learn how to design lesson plans and instructional aids, and gain practical experience by preparing and presenting short lessons during the course.
Course Code: TCGP-44-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 40 hours to complete and be held over 5 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of Basic ULD build-up and handling rules.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Improve your own knowledge of ULD operations and management
- Transfer knowledge effectively and efficiently to your target group
- Plan a training course concept for your target group
- Conduct the training course using different methods of delivery
- Coach other trainers in your company on the art of conveying information effectively
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- ULD safety and security
- ULDs and aircraft
- ULD build-up rules
- Planning a ULD course (concept)
- Conducting a ULD course
- Communication within the warehouse
- Human Factors (why mistakes happen)
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Full time company trainers-to-be in this field
- People involved in the planning and development of course curricula
- Senior warehouse staff who exercise coaching and have internal training duties
- Training department managers who seek specific knowledge
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.