Legal Symposium 2017
Current. Global. Relevant.
Exchange ideas and experiences, explore solutions and network with the airline industry’s foremost legal experts. With a reputation for insight, relevance and value among airline counsel, private practitioners and government lawyers alike, the IATA Legal Symposium is the world's principal aviation law conference. Join us in Washington DC for an unrivalled examination of the contemporary and emerging legal challenges facing the sector.
February 21 - February 23, 2017
Washington DC, USA
Mandarin Oriental Washington DC
Airlines, Lawyers, Regulators and Policymakers
The IATA Legal Symposium is the world's premier annual aviation law event, with a reputation for insight, relevance and value among in-house counsel, private practitioners and government lawyers alike. The event is well known for its engaging subject matter, outstanding speakers, lively debate and, of course, some of the best networking opportunities you'll find anywhere in the industry. In 2017, this flagship IATA conference will draw upon leading experts, from every corner of the world, to examine the key challenges of our legal and regulatory environment.
- Keynote Presentation: the Honorable Christopher A. Hart, Chairman National Transportation Safety Board
- IATA's Chief Economist’s report on legal and regulatory burdens
- Economic Sanctions Update - opportunities and challenges for Cuba and Iran
- U.S. Update: projections for aviation in the Trump Administration
- The shifting security landscape in light of increased threats to airports
- Environmental developments following ICAO meetings – Global MBM?
- Cybersecurity / data protection in aviation
- Grand debate
View the Preliminary Agenda (pdf)
IATA Member Airline||$1,550|
| Non-IATA Member Airline||$1,975|
Government Authorities or Agencies*||$999|
Sister Trade Association||$1,550|
Airport Legal Counsel||$1,975|
IATA Strategic Partner||$1,650|
BEWARE OF UNAUTHORIZED HOTEL SOLICITATIONS
Note that WorldTEK is the only official hotel provider associated with this event. While other hotel resellers may contact you offering accommodations for your trip, they are not endorsed by or affiliated with the show. Beware that entering into financial agreements with non-endorsed companies can have costly consequences.