The IATA Legal Symposium is the world's premier annual aviation law event, with a reputation for insight, relevance and value among in-house counsel, private practitioners and government lawyers alike. The event is well known for its engaging subject matter, outstanding speakers, lively debate and, of course, some of the best networking opportunities you'll find anywhere in the industry. In 2019, this flagship IATA conference will draw upon leading experts, from every corner of the world, to examine the key challenges of our legal and regulatory environment with a particular focus looking into the future.
Who is this for?
- Airline legal counsel
- Airport legal counsel
- Legal practitioners
- Regulators and policymakers
- “A definite “must attend” event in the legal aviation industry. The IATA Legal Symposium is consistently excellent not only regarding venues and attendance, but most importantly topics presented and addressed.”
- “IATA Legal Symposium, a good chance to keep yourself up to the industry!”
IATA Member Airline
- “The IATA Legal Symposium is THE event for legal practitioners in the airline industry.”
IATA’s annual Legal Symposium will continue to move the industry from talk to action with this “into the future” edition.
The 2019 Legal Symposium will feature sessions with leading industry experts that tackle topics including digital transformation, liability, sustainability, antitrust and more!
Highlights from Legal Symposium 2018 included:
- Powerful networking opportunities among global delegates representing airlines, government agencies, airports and law firms.
- A strong agenda that showcased competition law, liability, passenger rights, data protection and more.
- A crisis management roundtable with IATA member airline General Counsel.
- Keynote addresses from: Mr. Arkhom Termpittayapaisith, Minister of Transport, Thailand and Brian Pearce, IATA Chief Economist.