Airport Development Reference Manual
The Airport Development Reference Manual (ADRM) provides guidance on designing airport facilities taking user needs in mind.
10th edition available since March 2014
IATA in collaboration with the Airports Council International (ACI) and key aviation stakeholders have completely redesigned the ADRM with new features now available in three electronic formats within the IATA eLibrary: Windows, Mobile and Floating License. Learn about the different
eLibrary features and select the format(s) that suits you and your organization best.
The following sections of the 10th edition have been rolled out as follows:
- Traffic forecasting
- Master planning
- Passenger Terminal with a redefined Level of Service (LoS) framework and modernized capacity calculations reflecting the new LoS. Also includes a Baggage Handling System Design chapter.
- Airside Infrastructure
- Cargo Terminal
- Airport Support Elements
- Refinement to LoS graph and guidelines table
5th and final roll-out
Features and Benefits
The ADRM is a global product and is used by a wide range of professional teams such as: Airport Planners, Airlines, Airports, Architects, Structural and Mechanical Engineers, Airport Consultants, Airport Security Planners, Government Authorities and Airport Authorities involved in airport development and planning, capacity planning, terminal planning, apron design and more.
- Updates of new sections/content when available
- Access at anytime, anywhere (Internet access only required for updates)
- Search function allowing to find information quickly
- Customization options of your copy
- Links within the manual and hyperlinks to relevant external resources
New format, new look
The new format allows for permanent installation on your device.
system requirements (pdf) for installing the Windows format. This product benefits from a new "product key activation" feature to prevent your copy from being mishandled. For help on activation, please consult the
Product Key Activation User Guide (pdf). Read more about the
End User License Agreement (pdf).
Participate in the ADRM community
Register for free to:
- Ask our experts questions
- Be part of the Discussion Forums on hot topics surrounding airport development
- View FAQs as they develop
Order ADRM online
Note that the ADRM Mobile version does not include the toolbox. This is only in the ADRM Windows version. The toolbox has subsets of the content that are printable such as the Level of Services Guidelines, Recommendations and Capacity Calculations.