Live Animals Regulations
The IATA Live Animals Regulations (LAR) is the global standard and the essential guide to transporting animals by air in a safe, humane and in a cost-effective manner.
The Global Standard for the Transportation of Live Animals by Air
The LAR provides you with the most current and efficient practices for your live animal cargo operations and an integral tool to achieve cost savings and avoid delays by guaranteeing your shipments are problem-free and compliant with international or local regulations.
The LAR includes:
- Up-to-date airline and government requirements pertaining to the transport of live animals
- Requirements on handling, marking & labeling
- Information on the necessary documentation needed when transporting live animals
- A comprehensive classification of 1000’s of animal species along with the container specifications required for their transport.
- Guidelines for the non-air transport of live animals
Whether you are a shipper, a freight forwarder, an airline, or an animal care professional, the LAR is a must for everyone involved in the transport of live animals regardless of the mode of transport.
Addendum to the 45th Edition of the LAR
Users of the Live Animals Regulations (LAR) are asked to note the following amendments to the 45th Edition effective 1 January 2019.
LAR Downloadable Resources