The IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) program is an internationally
recognized and accepted evaluation system designed to assess the operational
management and control systems of an airline. The IOSA audit creates a standard
that is comparable on a world-wide basis, enabling and maximizing the joint use
of audit reports. This has saved the industry over 6400 redundant audits and
continues to lead to extensive cost-savings for IOSA participating airlines. All IATA members are IOSA
registered and must remain registered to maintain IATA membership. See who is already on the
New IOSA Training Courses
Benefits for airlines and regulators
- Quality audit program under stewardship of IATA
- Continuous updating of standards to reflect regulatory revisions and best practices
- Elimination of audit redundancy, reducing costs and audit resource requirements
- Accredited audit organizations with formally trained and qualified auditors
- Accredited training organizations with auditor training courses
- Structured audit methodology, standardized checklists
IOSA has become a global standard, recognized well beyond IATA membership. As of October 2017, 143 (34%) of the 424 airlines on the IOSA Registry are non-IATA member airlines. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to
The ISM is now available in XML Format
The IOSA Standards Manual (ISM) is now available in XML format for easy integration into your audit management system. E-mail us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be pleased to provide you with the licensing option most suited to your needs. The PDF version of ISM will continue to be offered free of charge.
Request an IOSA audit report
IOSA registered operators need to request IOSA Audit Reports
by accessing the online IOSA Repository system. Register as a user.
For any questions, please refer to the IOSA Repository User
Guide (pdf) or contact us directly at email@example.com.
Non-IOSA registered entities: please complete this
request form (doc) and return it to the IOSA team.