The development of long-term strategies and investments to achieve a sustainable industry is key to guaranteeing the future of air cargo. The industry is committed to positively impacting people and the planet while contributing to global prosperity and peace through industry partnership.
As aviation is a driver for global development, we have embraced the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as the guiding principles of our sustainability activities.
Building the future of air freight
Attracting, retaining, and developing diverse talent is a top priority for air cargo. IATA works to ensure air cargo staff fulfill their potential in dignity and equality and a healthy environment
- The Future Air Cargo Executives (FACE) program and its three-pillar strategy to attract, develop and retain talents in the air cargo industry
- 25by2025, a global initiative to change the gender balance within the aviation industry
- The IATA Training programs that develop professionals for tomorrow’s air cargo
Combating climate change is critical. IATA works to reduce air cargo’s environmental impact with innovative technologies and improved operations and infrastructure. Reducing fuel and energy consumption, eliminating packaging waste, automating processes, and investing in lightweight materials positively impact economic performance and operational efficiency.
- The Air Cargo Carbon Footprint (ACCF) works on the environmental side
- Fly Net Zero, the commitment of airlines to achieve net zero carbon by 2050.
- The work with enforcement agencies in combating the Illegal Trade in Wildlife (IWT)
Creating prosperity is at the core of our mission. IATA works with the industry to keep contributing to the economic, social, and technological progress of individuals and societies.
- The Value of Air Cargo campaigns promote the vital role air cargo plays in our day-to-day life
Peace & Partnerships
IATA works closely with the industry and other international organizations to create standards to support global trade, contributing to peaceful and mutually beneficial relationships. Collaboration, trust and mutualized benefits are critical for industry sustainability.