An IATA Accredited Agent participates in the Passenger Agency Programme, which provides various accreditation models. Today, over 60,000 Agent locations globally benefit from selling international tickets in over 180 markets on behalf of participating Airlines.
Where available, some models facilitate a Billing & Settlement Plan which is an industry settlement system allowing IATA Accredited Agents to consolidate their invoicing and payment to their BSP Airline sales through a standard platform.
If you seek to open a travel agency
- IATA accreditation simplifies the business relationship between Travel Agents and IATA Airline members and brings many benefits to Travel Agents.
- When considering whether IATA Accreditation is suitable for your business, it is important to see which IATA Accreditation and code services correspond to your needs, and what would be the local requirements that are applicable to your country/region such as the local financial criteria.
We also advise you to consider the requirements from the following entities:
- National or regional travel agency associations
- Government licensing office or government aviation authority
- Banking organizations (setting up a business)
- Advisory bureaux
Visit our Accreditation page for more details on how to register.
Benefit from specific training for travel agents
IATA offers comprehensive training and professional development services for travel agents through IATA Training. For more information on the complete range of IATA training services, please visit IATA Training pages.
- The Passenger Agency Conference (PAC) Resolutions are established by the Passenger Agency Conference to form the basis of the industry distribution system. A resolution provides terms and conditions that applicants and Accredited Agents must comply with to undertake sales on behalf of IATA Member airlines.
The full Passenger Agency Conference Resolutions Manual can be ordered as well from the Publications Store.
- The BSP Manual for Agents are established by the Passenger Agency Conference to provide Agents with useful information about how to manage their operations when participating in the Billing and Settlement Plan (BSP).
Depending on which country the Accreditation takes place, Agents should refer to one of the two BSP Manuals below:
- BSP Manual for Agents - English (pdf)
For Agents that participate in a country governed under Resolution 818g, please refer to this manual. You may check your country here (pdf)
For Agents that participate in a country governed under Resolution 812, please refer to this manual. You may check your country here (pdf)
- The Travel Agent’s Handbook (TAH) is a binding document for all IATA Accredited Agents, providing Agents and any interested applicants useful information such as the requirements to become an IATA Accredited Agent, references to the PAConf Resolutions applicable to their participation in the Passenger Agency Programme, Local Financial Criteria by country, and much more.
- Travel Agency Commissioners’ Office is an independent worldwide service of dispute resolution provided to Travel Agents, Airlines and the International Air Transport Association (IATA). Offered in co-operation between the travel industry, through the Universal Federation of Travel Agency Associations (UFTAA), the World Travel Agency Associations Alliance (WTAAA), the European Travel Agents and Tour Operators Association (ECTAA) and the Airlines, through IATA.
Our activity is funded equally by IATA Accredited Agents and IATA Member Airlines.
- Airline Appointments (Resolution 800 Section 22.214.171.124(a), Resolution 812 Section 126.96.36.199(a) & Resolution 818g Section 188.8.131.52(a))
|Airline Appointments – Asia Pacific||English (pdf)|
|Airline Appointments – Canada Bermuda||English (pdf)|
|Airline Appointments – Latin America & Caribbean||English (pdf)|
|Airline Appointments – Europe Africa & Middle East||English (pdf)|
|Guidelines for Use of IATA Logo||English (pdf)|
|PCI Data Security Standards||English (pdf)|
|Security Providers Evaluation Criteria||English (pdf)|
Please contact us for any additional assistance through the Customer Portal.