3-day (18 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Prepare your organization for participation in the ACC3/RA3/KC Security Validation. Independent Security Validation has been mandatory as of 1 July 2014, and IATA’s ACC3/RA3/KC3 Cargo Security Manager course will ensure that you are able to transport air cargo and mail into EU Member States, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. You will understand the applicable Regulations and checklist items, the ACC3/RA3/KC3 regime and improve your company readiness for the validation.
Course Code: TCGP-32-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 18 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have a minimum of two years of experience in aviation security or cargo security.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Outline the EU/UK regulations relating to the ACC3 scheme including RA3 and KC3
- Describe the objectives and intent of the EU/UK Aviation Security Checklist
- Make pre-assessments to identify your current issues and level of compliance, and to prepare for the validation
- Evaluate lessons learned from validations conducted to date
- Apply suggested best practices for smooth validation
- Identify what will be included in the validation report submitted to an EU Member State or the UK
- Work with an independent validator to facilitate the independent validation and the final report
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Relevant legal requirements and how they should be met
- Internal, Union, UK and international quality control
- How to motivate others
- Capabilities and limitations of screening equipment used
- Organization and responsibilities of an ACC3/RA3/KC3
- Air carrier security program requirements
- Recruitment and training of air carrier staff handling cargo
- EU/UK and internal databases
- Cargo acceptance procedures
- Cargo screening requirements
- Handling high risk cargo or mail
- Protection and security of air cargo
- Documentation requirements of air cargo security
- Compliance to air cargo security programs
- Interpretation of validation checklist items
- Validation participation
Case studies, discussions, work groups
This course is recommended for:
- Security managers and individuals responsible for implementing EU and UK cargo security programs
- Quality Control professionals responsible to ensure company compliance
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.