Supply Chain Security Management Diploma
About the diploma
Develop your credentials as a cargo security specialist with this specialized program. With subject matter direct from the organizations that set the standards for the industry, you will build a skill set you can use throughout the dynamic air cargo sector.
Diploma code: DIPL-84
What you will learn
Upon completion of this diploma you will be able to
- Interpret the latest international regulatory requirements within the contest of your business
- Communicate effectively about security with your supply chain stakeholders
- Prepare the implementation of the latest industry standards, including e-CDS, customs security, and a Security Management System (SeMS)
- Identify and manage your security risk
- Develop your people and business management skills
- Regulatory Authorities, laws and compliance
- Regulated agent concept
- Customs security regulations
- Industry standards and best practice
- World Customs Organization (WCO) SAFE framework
- Air Cargo Advanced Screening program
- IOSA cargo security standards and compliance
- CSD and e-CSD concept standards
- Commonly used cargo and handling terms
- Cargo security risk assessment throughout the supply chain
- Security management practices
- Maximizing your personnel equipment and budget
- Best practice for recruitment, training and people management
- Building a security culture among non-security personnel
Who should attend
This Diploma is recommended for:
- Airline and airport cargo managers
- Air cargo service providers
- Police and customs authorities
Civil Aviation Authority representatives
Post and mail authorities
Candidates must complete 2 Required courses and 2 Elective courses within three years.
A passing mark of 80% is required on all assignments and exams. A special distinction is awarded to candidates who obtain a distinction in all, or all but one, of all course exams and assignments that make up this Diploma.
How to obtain your diploma
- Complete all 2 Required and 2 selected Elective courses that make up the Diploma, within 3 years.
- Please contact us on our Customer Portal to request your diploma, stating the title of the diploma you are applying for and the list of courses you completed for that diploma.
- IATA Training will issue your diploma upon verification of your eligibility.
To receive the diploma candidates must complete
- 2 Required courses
- 2 Elective courses
Air Cargo Security (classroom)
Threat assessment and planning techniques to help your business comply with recent changes to air cargo security regulations.
Aviation Security Management (classroom)
Assure efficient and compliant security operations with this review of industry standards, risk assessment and people management practices.
Aviation Cyber Security (classroom)
This course will help your organization determine where to start in what can seem like a never-ending effort to protect your information and systems.
Security Financial Planning and Optimization (classroom)
Plan your organization’s finances to maintain compliance and high standards to address new security regulations and effectively optimize your security and protection costs.
Security Management Systems - SeMS (classroom)
Learn the essentials of IATA's SeMS initiative and how it can make your organization IOSA compliant. Leave the course with tools to build a SeMS that produces measurable and auditable results.
Security Risk and Crisis Management (classroom)
Address security vulnerabilities in your organization and equip your facility to handle the aftermath of a crisis. Learn how to assess risks, develop a crisis plan and set up a crisis center.