Did you know that in the past 4 years, 469 participants from 84 countries have taken this course with IATA?
4-day (20 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Learn from our highly experienced IATA instructors how to deal with aircraft acquisition and financing in times of crisis. You will become familiarized with commercial and legal fundamentals to help you choose, draft, structure and negotiate an appropriate aircraft purchase, lease or financing agreement. This course introduces you to the key leasing and financing structures available for the purchase and operation of aircraft, including leases, straight purchases, secured loans, and government / manufacturer assistance. In these times of crisis, you will also learn what options you may have in respect of existing agreements and what may change in this sector going forward.
Course code: TALL-04-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
should have prior experience with airline contracts and basic aviation law.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
Recognize the structure and categories of aircraft acquisition agreements
- Identify critical negotiation points for points for aircraft and equipment purchase agreements
- Analyze key dynamics of the financial and leasing markets
- Avoid common pitfalls in choosing, structuring and negotiating your agreements
- Interpret the main components of purchasing and leasing contracts for new or used aircraft
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Fleet and financial planning and implementation
- Types of financing and leasing
- Aircraft leasing and risk management
- Risk management, ownership, title and security and air law
This course is recommended for:
Internal and external legal counsel and advisors
- Fleet trading managers
- Leasing and insurance analysts
- Bankers, engineers and government authorities
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.