Airline Financial Management (Classroom, 5 days)
This course will provide you with a comprehensive review of financial analysis and modeling techniques used to resolve challenges faced by airline financial managers. You will learn how to resolve common problems faced by financial decision makers.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TALF-01
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
Evaluate the “lease vs. buy” decision from a client's perspective
Apply the capital budgeting process
Identify and implement financial derivatives
Apply financial techniques to the airline industry
Utilize airline cost structure
- Fuel hedging
- Aircraft leasing
- Capital budgeting
- Time value of money
- Risk and return
- Financial statement analysis
- Group discussions
- Case studies
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Operations, marketing, IT, legal and commercial aviation staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.