Airline Sales Skills (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 261 participants from 28 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
Deliver improved airline sales performance by actively exploring new opportunities and maximizing current performance. In this course we will examine the different elements of selling skills which relate to your company’s goals and objectives. We will discover the importance of product awareness and knowing your competitors’ offerings. We will also begin to develop a Sales strategy to reach your target audience.
Course Code: TALM-39-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 18 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Improve global aviation industry awareness and learn how current COVID economic performance trends provide threats and opportunities for sales
- Refresh and further develop your personal and team selling skills
- Advance your ability to proactively identify and develop sales opportunities
- Identify ways in which new technologies and selling tools can improve profitability
- Better utilize and manage airline selling resources tactically and strategically
- Develop your sales team management and coaching skills
- Aviation characteristics, current trends and industry structure in a COVID world
- Selling skills development
- Consultative selling and market segments – linking opportunity to sales
- Competitor awareness and response
- Teamwork and sales management
- Strategic selling – optimizing the sales approach
- Sales system tools and sales organization possibilities -data, digital, direct selling
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Airline Sales Maximization Diploma
Achieve commercial objectives and stay competitive. Learn to gain market share, increase product awareness, and sustain growth.