Did you know that in the past 5 years, 168 participants from 19 countries have taken this course with IATA?
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
Deliver improved airline sales performance by actively exploring new opportunities and maximizing current performance. In this course we will examine the different elements of selling skills that relate to your company’s goals and objectives. We will discover the importance of product awareness and knowing your competitors’ offerings. We will also begin to develop a Sales strategy to reach your target audience.
Course code: TALM-39
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Improve global aviation industry awareness and learn how current COVID economic performance trends provide threats and opportunities for sales
- Refresh and further develop your personal and team selling skills
- Advance your ability to proactively identify and develop sales opportunities
- Identify ways in which new technologies and selling tools can improve profitability
- Better utilize and manage airline selling resources tactically and strategically
- Develop your sales team management and coaching skills
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Aviation characteristics, current trends and industry structure in a COVID world
- Selling skills development
- Consultative selling and market segments – linking opportunity to sales
- Competitor awareness and response
- Teamwork and sales management
- Strategic selling – optimizing the sales approach
- Sales system tools and sales organization possibilities -data, digital, direct selling
- Exercises, case studies, role play
This course is recommended for:
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.