Did you know that in the past 3 years, 83 participants from 17 countries have taken this course with IATA?
5-day (40 hours) classroom course
Keep your aerodrome facilities up-to-standard, meeting the latest certification requirements. Gain detailed knowledge on aerodrome operator obligations in order to assess your facility’s level of compliance. Learn how to recommend structural changes and improve day-to-day operations.
Course Code: TAPP-05
- Participants should have prior knowledge of airport layout, operations and facilities.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
Review key topics in the Manual on the Certification of Aerodromes
Understand the certification regulatory system, certification model regulations and procedures
Identify and measure the impacts of the certification requirements on the operations of an aeorodrome
Understand and fulfill the respective roles and responsibilities of the aerodrome operator and the regulator
Learn aerodrome operator obligations to ICAO: Annex 14, emergency response plan, safety management system and aerodrome manual
Put theories into practice through a course integration exercise
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Standard and requirements
- EU 216/2008 and EU 1108/2009
- EU 139/2014
- EASA Certification specifications and guidance material
ICAO Annex 14
ICAO Aerodrome certification requirements
Aeronautical Information Publications (AIPs)
- Apron safety management and AVOTP
- Safety standards
- Introduction to Safety Management Systems (SMS)
Operational safety during construction
This course is recommended for:
- Aerodrome operators
- Airside personnel
- CAA personnel
- Compliance inspectors
- Airport planners
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.