Airport Development and Infrastructure Design (Classroom, 5 days)
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 287 participants from 36 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Plan and expand airports with the help of IATA best practices and the latest Airport Development Reference Manual (ADRM version 10, 2014).
Airports need to have the infrastructure in place to provide efficient operations in line with safety and security, allow aircraft to operate efficiently, minimize inconvenience for passengers, and provide fast and reliable baggage systems. As air traffic continues to grow, airports need to ensure that each system is flexible enough to accommodate future requirements.
Learn how to develop your airport using a step-by-step sequence that takes into consideration key elements such as passenger traffic, geographical data, and the positioning of facilities. Identify political and financial issues in airport planning and evaluate capacity constraints and developments.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TAPP-33
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of airport business and operations
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
China, Shanghai (IATA)
6 - 10 September, 2021
Register before 16 Aug, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 16 Aug
All prices are before tax. Class no: 132034
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
25 - 29 October, 2021
Register before 25 Jul, 2021 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 04 Oct
All prices are before tax. Class no: 132892
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
Improve operational efficiency and flexibility
Meet capacity demand and finance airport capacity expansion
Plan passenger processing facilities
Develop terminal, apron and support processes for your airport
Improve your crisis management strategy
- Airport economics
- Airport cost structures
Investment decisions and financing
- Key planning processes
- Planning principles
Land use planning
- Airport capacity
- Passenger terminal facilities
- Environmental considerations
- Aviation fuel systems
- Passenger and cargo operations
- Passenger and cargo terminal systems
- Airport access through rail and road
- Airport baggage handling
- Anti-terrorism and police facilities
- Airport fire services
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Airport authority representatives
Facility Planners and Engineers
Airport infrastructure professionals
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: