Airport Operations Fundamentals for the Leadership & Management Training Program
In a rapidly changing environment, airports have to adapt to economic downturns, technological changes, market changes, airline commercial deregulation, and the worldwide trend to convert airports from government organizations to more business-like entities. These pressures have or have had or are having significant effects on the way airports do business, not only from a financial perspective but also from an operational standpoint.
In these challenging times, and with emerging competition from other airports and other modes of transportation, it is of the utmost importance that airports recruit and provide employees and managers with the best available knowledge and skills. This course was prepared to provide you with a solid overview of the airport operations field and with tools to apply your knowledge and skills to your airport. It is designed to be useful not only for your own benefit but also to help you make better decisions for your organization.
This training program combines IATA's trusted Airline Cabin Crew course with Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM), a state-of-the-art, media-rich training platform furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development.
Course Code: TAPP-14-HLM
Course formatIATA Airport Operations course
- The IATA course requires approximately 45 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity).
- The course is available in e-textbook and printed format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- After the enrollment validity expires, you will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
10 HMM© courses
- Additional time will be required for the 10 HMM© modules. Each HMM© self-study module requires approximately 2-4 hours of study. Access to the HMM© platform is valid for 6 months (enrollment validity) from the date access is provided, with exams administered online.
- Enrollment fees include both the IATA course and access to the HMM© platform.
- Upon payment, you will receive access to all HMM© content for a six-month period.
If you are ordering printed materials that will require shipping, please check the shipping fees and applicable taxes.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact Us for more information on how to register multiple users.
USD 1,000 (eBook) / USD 1,000 (printed)
USD 1,150 (eBook) / USD 1,150 (printed)
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will:
- Know the history of aviation and understand the role airports play in the economy
- Discover the various airport customers and partners
- Gain knowledge about the multiple operational and business functions of airports
- Acquire the tools to apply your knowledge and skills to your airport environment
- Build or refresh management and leadership skills
- Respond to management challenges effectively
IATA Airport Operations content
- Operational functions of the airport
- Rescue, fire fighting and other support services
- Airport issues and challenges
- The future of airports
- Technological developments
- Harvard ManageMentor modules
This valuable online reference tool, used by companies around the world, will help you handle day-to-day management issues.
HMM offers the following on-demand features to help you achieve more on the job:
- Concise lessons and tools for fast and effective learning
Videos featuring Harvard University faculty, trusted experts, and next-generation emerging leaders
Editor’s Choice articles featuring up-to-the-minute business expertise selected and updated quarterly by Harvard Business Publishing editors
Hundreds of new checklists, self-assessments, worksheets, and handouts to facilitate the application of new ideas to your own work environment
Personalized experience: goals, skill development, and action planning to help you quickly apply new skills
Post-topic, On-the-Job component where you work on your action plan and receive content, tips, and reminders
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Recently appointed airport staff
- Travel industry staff
- Newcomers to the industry
- You will receive an IATA Certificate upon successful completion of the IATA exam.
- A Harvard ManageMentor© certificate of completion is awarded for each module, provided you obtain a passing grade of 70%. You may track your progress within the HMM platform.
How to claim your Diploma
- Upon successful completion of the 10 required HMM© modules and the IATA course, contact us to claim your IATA Leadership and Management Diploma.
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course Edition List for Exams when booking your exam.
Harvard ManageMentor© Exam
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
- Exam Method: Online assessment
- Exam Format: Multiple-choice questions
- Number of Questions: 10 or less per HMM module
- Time Allowed: The assessment can be retaken as many times as you need to pass
- Passing Grade: You must score at least 70% on the assessment.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: