Air Cargo Competitor Analysis and Market Research (LIVE virtual classroom)
Industry and competitive analysis are part of strategy development in organizations. Managers need to use competition analysis tools to allocate resources, reach strategic goals such as increasing market share or improving profitability. This will help your company improve its position within the cargo industry. Learn about the factors that impact performance in the industry, how to make effective decisions through the interpretation of market research and analysis, and how to help your company improve its market share
Course Code: TCGG-50-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor
- The course will take you approximately 8 hours to complete and be held over 1 day
- There will be 2 sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- 60-minute video-supported real-time exercise
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- Participants must hold a valid Certificate from the IATA Cargo Business Foundation course and should have prior knowledge of the air cargo business.
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
2 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Asia (IATA)
22 September, 2021
Register before 01 Sep, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 07 Sep
All prices are before tax. Class no: 141366
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
14 December, 2021
Register before 13 Sep, 2021 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 30 Nov
All prices are before tax. Class no: 141373
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Relate the key business fundamentals related to strategic and competitive analysis
- Discuss how the structure of industries impact company and industry-level performance
- Recognize and use practical skills in analyzing industries and companies within them
- Develop in-depth knowledge of segmentations and how to segment to subsets in air cargo
- Apply techniques for analysing both the internal operation of a company and the external environment in which it operates
- Experience structured ways to constantly track your competitive environment
- Competitive advantages of analyses
- Market segmentation in air cargo
- Business intelligence tools in air cargo and aviation in general
- Methods for preparation of segmentation and segment to subsets
- Strategic short, medium and long-term focus in competitive analyses
- Turning competitive know-how into profit for the company
- Compliance rules and regulations, and legal aspects
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo executives, management, high-potential and future leaders
- Functional managers recently transitioned or will soon transition into a business leadership position
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: