Did you know that in the past 2 years, 30 participants from 5 countries have taken this course with IATA?
1-day (8 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Providing excellent customer service is essential to the long-term viability of every business. This course introduces the fundamental elements of customer service and explains how they can be applied in any organization, for all employees, ensuring they are equipped to meet and exceed the customer's expectations. You will learn about customer needs and demands, the ethics of customer service, and customer contact techniques to help your business to develop its customer service program to the highest level. In addition participants will learn how to efficiently handle air cargo claims, by studying existing legal instruments, examining key areas of claims, learning of documentary requirements and going through relevant procedures and best practices for satisfactory claims resolution.
Course Code: TCGG-54-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 8 hours to complete and be held over 1 day.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of Air Cargo Business.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Discuss the principles of customer service excellence and apply the fundamental aspects in business
- Recognize the various social styles and cultural differences of air cargo customers and develop customer loyalty
- Communicate and collaborate with customers utilising efficient communication processes and feel confident in any customer situation
- Know more about the legal instruments in air cargo industry and make claims more effective and efficient within the process of cargo claims
- Know obligations and rights of a claimant
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Basic principles of air cargo customer service
- Building trust and service ethics and communication styles
- Customer experience and lifetime value
- Customer loyalty and relationship management
- Nature, sources and principles of legal framework in air cargo industry
- General Conditions of Carriage & Conditions of Contract
- Obligation and right of the shipper / consignee / claimant
- Cargo Claims Handling Procedures, awareness and prevention
This course is recommended for:
- Customer service, reservation and sales staff of air cargo logistics companies
- Airline and freight forwarders insurance manager, legal counsel and claim handling responsible, aviation lawyers
- Air Cargo Procedures
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.