Air Cargo Advanced Marketing for the Leadership & Management Training Program (partner-taught or self-study)
About the course
Since 1977, IATA has developed cargo agent training with the help of experts from member airlines and associations. This course uses our expertise to provide advanced knowledge on how to make markets respond, ensuring companies profit as well as how to differentiate with service innovations. This course is the ideal way for you to refresh your knowledge and learn new skills for career development and add value to future cargo marketing initiatives.
This training program combines IATA's trusted Air Cargo Advanced Marketing course with Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM), a state-of-the-art, media-rich training platform furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development.
Course Code: TCGP-12-HMMD
IATA Cargo Advanced Marketing course
- This is a partner-taught or self-study course, which will take you approximately 160-200 hours to complete, depending on your previous knowledge and experience.
- The course materials are provided in printed format.
- You will have 12 months to complete the course and exam (enrollment validity), which starts from the date you purchase the course.
- The recommended level for this course is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- Performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Please note: Once you have completed the exam you will no longer have access to the course material, and after the 12-month enrollment validity expires you will no longer have access to the course content, nor will you be able to take the exam.
10 HMM© courses
- Additional time will be required for the 10 HMM© modules. Each HMM© self-study module requires approximately 2-4 hours of study. Access to the HMM© platform is valid for 6 months (enrollment validity) from the date access is provided, with exams administered online.
Study with the help of an Instructor
If you would prefer to study this course with the help of a local trainer, enrol at an IATA Authorized Training Center near you.
- Enrollment fees include both the IATA course and access to the HMM© platform. Upon payment, you will receive access to all HMM© content for a six-month period. If you are ordering printed materials that will require shipping, please check the shipping fees and applicable taxes.
- When you click to purchase the course, you will be directed to login to your Training Account through our Customer Portal. If you have previously taken a course with IATA, please have your login details ready, if not, you will be prompted to create an account.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, a Training Account must be created for each individual. Registration and payment must be made through each individual Training Account. You may pay for multiple individuals by using one credit card or bank transfer in each individual’s users Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact our Customer Service representatives for more information on how to register multiple users.
USD 1,150 (printed)
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Apply advanced construction and combination principles for unpublished rates
- Calculate rates and charges for mixed consignments, Unit Load Devices (ULDs) and complete air waybill
- Describe and use pricing strategies
- Determine an advertising budget and plan, selecting advertising media channels
- Build or refresh management and leadership skills
- Respond to management challenges effectively
The key topics that are covered during this IATA course include:
- Basic cargo rating principles and currency regulations as conversion rates, rounding off procedures and construction rates.
Combination of rates and charges, mixed consignments, declaration of the goods and Air Waybill completion.
Identifying the needs of the shipper and the consignee and developing an efficient and reliable transportation system that can be sold at an attractive price.
Applying both online and offline advertising, creation of effective marketing plan and identifying target groups as it relates to the airfreight industry.
This training is the natural continuity of the Cargo Introductory course
HMM © access
This valuable online reference tool used by companies around the world will help you handle day-to-day management issues. The Harvard ManageMentor© content summary provides an outline of the courses which offer on-demand features to help you achieve more on the job:
- Concise lessons and tools for fast and effective learning
- Videos featuring Harvard University faculty, trusted experts, and next-generation emerging leaders
- Editor’s Choice articles featuring up-to-the-minute business expertise, selected and updated quarterly by Harvard Business Publishing editors
- Hundreds of new checklists, self-assessments, worksheets, and handouts to facilitate the application of new ideas to your own work environment
- Personalized experience: goals, skill development, and action planning to help you quickly apply new skills
- Post-topic, on-the-job component where you work on your action plan and receive content, tips, and reminders
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Sales and marketing staff at cargo agents and air freight forwarders (consolidators)
- Sales, reservations, and acceptance staff at airlines and manufacturers
- Junior and middle management staff at cargo agents, airlines, and freight forwarders
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course Edition List for Exams when booking your exam.
- Method: Online exam with remote supervision (OERS)
- Format: 60 multiple-choice questions. Closed course book exam.
- Time allowance: 3 hours
- Passing grade: 60% correct answers
- Distinction grade: 90% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Harvard ManageMentor© Exam
A Harvard ManageMentor© certificate of completion is awarded for each module, provided you obtain a passing grade of 70%. You may track your progress within the HMM platform.
How to claim your Diploma
- Method: Online assessment
- Format: Multiple-choice questions
- Number of questions: 10 or less per HMM© module
- Time allowed: The assessment can be retaken as many times as you need to pass
- Passing grade: You must score at least 70% on the assessment.
: Upon successful completion of the 10 required HMM© modules and the IATA course, please contact us
to claim your IATA Leadership and Management Diploma.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Leadership & Management Training Program Diploma (self-study)
Enhance your critical business knowledge and skills through this highly-acclaimed training program.