5-day (40 hours) classroom course
This course is recommended for Dangerous Goods training Instructional Designers as per IATA's DGR - section 1.5
Find out more about the CBTA approach, current courses and previous corresponding categories.
Under the Competency-Based Training and Assessment (CBTA) approach, the training designer plays a crucial role that impacts the eventual establishment and execution of the dangerous goods training program. The training designer should possess the necessary skills for carrying out the training needs analysis, gathering specifications and preparing the most appropriate training and assessment approach and methodology based on the workforce job function. They are also responsible for effective planning of the training plan so that different training scenarios can take place in a logical sequence. You will learn how to accurately analyze the training needs and use the outcome to design a robust dangerous goods training and assessment program. You will acquire the knowledge and skills for creating high-quality and effective training material to derive maximum benefits for your businesses. Guided by experts, you will learn how to gather reliable feedback about your training program, analyze the data and formulate a continuous improvement plan.
Course Code: CECB-09
- Participants should have successfully completed a relevant dangerous goods training program and possess a valid certificate attesting the same.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 or the equivalent for courses held in languages other than English.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the IATA DGR Appendix H
- Interpret CBTA concepts, principles and components
- Perform a training needs analysis (TNA) to determine training specifications
- Design effective training and assessment plans based on CBTA guidelines and apply CBTA competency factors
- Develop training content and assessment, and evaluate the training program to ensure continuous improvement
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of training designers in the CBTA approach
- Developing an effective dangerous goods training program based on the CBTA guidelines, using latest instructional design methods
- Using competency factors in the course designing process to achieve the relevant level of proficiency in trainees
- Applying the ADDIE model to the course designing process for superior results
- Creating, implementing and executing instructional and assessment plans consistent with the training objectives
- Implementing continuous improvement measures
- Interactive discussions and practical exercises
- Presentations and group work
This course is recommended for:
- Instructional designers responsible to develop DGR training program under CBTA from Airlines, Airports, CAAs, Freight Forwarders, Ground Handling and Training organizations
- Instructors /Trainers involved in instructional design.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher. Please note: This certificate is valid for 24 months.