Crew Resources Management for Instructors (CRMI) (LIVE virtual classroom)
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 297 participants from 58 countries have taken this course with IATA?
This CRM train-the-trainer course lets you practice teaching techniques that will make your crew resource management (CRM) training effective and motivating for your students. You will understand why CRM training delivery is different to other training, review how to prepare a lesson, how to adapt your training delivery for adult learners, and how to evaluate students. Throughout the course, you will be asked to present mini lessons, receiving valuable feedback from our experienced instructor and your classmates.
Course code: TALS-43-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 12 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 1 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 150 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- Participants should have prior knowledge of Crew Resources Management or Human Factors
- Recommended level is Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Asia (IATA)
1 - 3 September, 2021
Register before 11 Aug, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 18 Aug
All prices are before tax. Class no: 130471
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
14 - 16 December, 2021
Register before 13 Sep, 2021 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 30 Nov
All prices are before tax. Class no: 130528
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe why CRM training delivery is different to other training
- Prepare a lesson plan
- Identify the needs of adult learners
- Identify CRM facilitation techniques
- Integrate CRM training with other subjects
- Evaluate CRM training for effectiveness
- Deliver a CRM training session
- Why is CRM training different?
- Lesson plan overview
- Facilitation techniques
- Integrated CRM
- Evaluate CRM training sessions
- Practical course delivery-CRM related presentation
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- CRM professionals
- Pilots and cabin crew
- Flight instructors
- Safety managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: