Data Science Modelling and Integration for Airline Finance (Virtual Classroom)
Building on the fundamentals of Data Science and how to apply it to Airline Finance as established in the Data Science and Decision Support for Airline Finance course, this advanced course is designed to provide hands-on experience with data science modelling and in-depth guidance on how to incorporate data science results into day-to-day operations. This includes diving into the limitations and risks related to predictive analysis and forecasting, as well as the prerequisites and assumptions required to successfully interpret outcomes of data models and analysis. We will also discuss the implications of unexpected market events on data science models and results for better risk preparedness.
Course code: TALF-99-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 12 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- Participants should have:
- Completed the Data Science and Decision Support for Airline Finance course, or
- 2+ years’ experience dealing directly with data, i.e. working with data visualization tools, analytics tools, or basic programming such as Tableau, PowerBI, Python, R, SQL, etc. (Note: Programming is not required for this course, but basic knowledge would be helpful).
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Evaluate different data science methodologies to fit your business questions
- Explore and prepare your data for analysis
- Build regression models for reliable forecasting and predictive analysis
- Build classification models for identifying opportunities to create a rigorous profitability analysis
- Integrate this process and results into your daily work
- Framing your business question
- Data evaluation and transformation
- Overview of commonly used Models in Data Science
- Model Evaluation and Validation
- Communication and Integration into workstream
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline Finance professionals familiar with data visualization tools
- Managers looking to strategically introduce data science principles to their workflow
- Analysts looking to improve their command of analytical techniques
- Revenue analysts, operations analysts, Operations Manager, Revenue Managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.