Destination Geography (e-learning)
About the course
20-hour e-learning course
Today’s travelers are better informed about geography. They expect their travel consultant to have more information and knowledge about travel geography than they do. Continually learning as much as possible about geography to stay current is probably the most important investment for travel professionals. By studying this course you will gain confidence in your ability to sell destinations, answer common questions asked by travel customers and provide valuable advice that customers are willing to pay for.
Course code: TTTG-82
Considerable discounts are available for multiple purchases (30+ users) of this course.
To simplify company-wide implementation, you can also host this e-learning course on your company’s Learning Management. Please contact us for more information.
- This e-learning course requires approximately 20 hours of study, to be completed within 6 months.
- After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam/assessment.
- The recommended level for this course is Entry-level.
- Student performance will be based on an exam/assessment. Please refer to the Exam/Assessment Information below for more details.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order.
Course fee by user
What you will learn
A friendly Avatar guides you through this e-course and helps you learn about:
- A description of 12 basic types of leisure travelers
- Characteristics of human populations on all continents including a model of the “World Village”
- The world’s major mountains, oceans, seas, rivers and other bodies of water that attract visitors
- Distinguishing between the terms “weather” and “climate” and their impact on destinations
- How climate is affected by latitude, altitude, winds and proximity to water
- A review of the 15 top countries visited by international travelers, highlighting practical country information and niche attractions and activities in a downloadable workbook
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Geography and the Travel Sales Process
- Destination Geography and the Leisure Traveler
- The World’s Continents
- Human Population and the “World Village”
- Major Natural Geographical Features
- The Effect of Climate on Travel
- Major World Tourist Destinations and Attractions
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Leisure and corporate travel agents
- Tour operators and guides
- Event and meeting planners
- Corporate travel managers
Upon successful completion of the exam/assessment, you will be awarded a Certificate that you can print for your records.
Please read the General Information on Self-study exams.
- Delivery method: Unsupervised online-based exam. Assessment can be taken at any time at your convenience.
- Format: 60 multiple-choice questions
- Time allowance: 2 hours
- Passing grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam/assessment attempts: 2
Important note: The exam/assessment should be accessed after you have completed the course module. Once you have started the assessment you can no longer access the course module.