European Union (EU) Aviation Law (LIVE virtual classroom)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 82 participants from 27 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
3-day (13.5 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Gain up-to-date knowledge of the particularities, requirements and challenges faced by airlines operating to, from or within the European Union (EU). Demonstrate sound knowledge of the aviation context of the EU and its Single Aviation Market. Respond to issues related to passenger protection, data protection and the EU Emission Trading Scheme.
Course code: TALL-06-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 13.5 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 3 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have at least 3 years of experience in their area of expertise.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
11 - 13 September, 2023
Register before Jun 11, 2023 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 28 Aug
Find out more about our Early Bird Terms.
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 191111
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Respond to the unique challenges and regulatory requirements in the EU
- Prepare for the inauguration or expansion of service to and from the EU
- Summarize the concept that makes the EU Single Aviation Market
- Define the legal framework in the EU relevant to aviation and passengers
- Apply the EU Emission Trading System (ETS)
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- EU Air and Aviation Law in the international context
- EU single aviation market
- The third package and liberalization
- Operating license requirements
- Ground handling
- Slot allocation
- Passenger protection
- Denied boarding, cancellation, delay
- Passengers with reduced mobility
- Information on operating carrier and “blacklist”
- Package travel
- Data protection
- The Emission Trade Scheme (ETS)
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Aviation Lawyers
- Government Officials
- Representatives of international organizations
- Lawyers working in private practice, including law firms, insurance and the manufacturing industry
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma