European Union (EU) Aviation Law (classroom)
You can also take this course online in a LIVE virtual classroom setting:
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 82 participants from 27 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
Gain up-to-date knowledge of the particularities, requirements and challenges faced by airlines operating to, from or within the European Union (EU). Demonstrate sound knowledge of the aviation context of the EU and its Single Aviation Market. Respond to issues related to passenger protection, data protection and the EU Emission Trading Scheme.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALL-06
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Participants should have at least 3 years of experience in their area of expertise.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
United Kingdom, London (IATA)
24 - 26 August, 2022
Register before 24 May, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 03 Aug
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 148485
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Respond to the unique challenges and regulatory requirements in the EU
- Prepare for the inauguration or expansion of service to and from the EU
- Summarize the concept that makes the EU Single Aviation Market
- Define the legal framework in the EU relevant to aviation and passengers
- Apply the EU Emission Trading System (ETS)
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- EU Air and Aviation Law in the international context
- EU single aviation market
- The third package and liberalization
- Operating license requirements
- Ground handling
- Slot allocation
- Passenger protection
- Denied boarding, cancellation, delay
- Passengers with reduced mobility
- Information on operating carrier and “blacklist”
- Package travel
- Data protection
- The Emission Trade Scheme (ETS)
- Review key court decisions, laws and regulations
- Practical exercises
- Case simulations
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Aviation Lawyers
- Government Officials
- Representatives of international organizations
- Lawyers working in private practice, including law firms, insurance and the manufacturing industry
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Aviation Policy and Regulations Diploma
An overview of the regulatory and legal regimes, as well as the international industry affairs applicable to all aspects of the aviation industry.
International Air Law Diploma
A comprehensive overview of the legal regimes applicable to all aspects of the aviation industry.