Ground Operations Management for the Leadership & Management Training Program with AHM
Control and supervise an airline station in a self-handled or outsourced environment.
This training program combines IATA's trusted Ground Operations Management course with Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM), a state-of-the-art, media-rich training platform furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development.
Course code: TALP-52-HLM
Course formatIATA Ground Operations Management course
- The IATA course requires approximately 60-70 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity).
- The course is available in textbook and e-textbook format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- After the enrollment validity expires, you will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
10 HMM© courses
- Additional time will be required for the 10 HMM© modules. Each HMM© self-study module requires approximately 2-4 hours of study. Access to the HMM© platform is valid for 6 months (enrollment validity) from the date access is provided, with exams administered online.
Participants are recommended to have at least 2 years of professional experience across ground handling functions
- Enrollment fees include both the IATA course and access to the HMM© platform.
- Upon payment, you will receive access to all HMM© content for a six-month period.
If you are ordering printed materials that will require shipping, please check the shipping fees and applicable taxes.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact Us for more information on how to register multiple users.
Please note that the Airport Handling Manual (AHM) will be
provided in eBook format.
USD 1,000 (eBook)
USD 1,150 (eBook)
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Control and supervise an airline station in a self-handled or outsourced environment
- Use Ground Handling and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to suit your Stations handling needs, reduce costs and provide quality service
- Prevent fraud by being knowledgeable about the current methods that fraudsters use to dilute airline revenues
- Implement a Safety and Security Station Management System according to industry standards and recommended practices
- Motivate staff and effectively monitor their performance
- Use and work with the latest edition of the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM) which is included in the course price.
- Build or refresh management and leadership skills
- Respond to management challenges effectively
IATA Ground Operations Management content
- The importance of Operational and Occupational Health and Safety training
- Managing risk and the components of Emergency Response Plans (ERPs)
- The use of SGHA contracts and Service Level Agreements
- Operational standards in the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM)
- The latest trends in passenger/baggage handling and catering
This course covers the many aspects of ground operations for which IATA has developed recommended industry standards and procedures, as detailed in the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM). Therefore, the AHM has been included in the study kit as it is an indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties. The price of the study kit includes:
This valuable online reference tool, used by companies around the world, will help you handle day-to-day management issues.
HMM offers the following on-demand features to help you achieve more on the job:
- Concise lessons and tools for fast and effective learning
- Videos featuring Harvard University faculty, trusted experts, and next-generation emerging leaders
- Editor’s Choice articles featuring up-to-the-minute business expertise, selected and updated quarterly by Harvard Business Publishing editors
- Hundreds of new checklists, self-assessments, worksheets, and handouts to facilitate the application of new ideas to your own work environment
- Personalized experience: goals, skill development, and action planning to help you quickly apply new skills
- Post-topic, On-the-Job component where you work on your action plan and receive content, tips, and reminders
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airlines, ground handling and other service providers
- Airport authorities
- Ground operations professionals at a supervisory level
- You will receive an IATA Certificate upon successful completion of the IATA exam.
- A Harvard ManageMentor© certificate of completion is awarded for each module, provided you obtain a passing grade of 70%. You may track your progress within the HMM platform.
How to claim your Diploma
- Upon successful completion of the 10 required HMM© modules and the IATA course, contact us to claim your IATA Leadership and Management Diploma.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course Edition List for Exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Harvard ManageMentor© Exam
- Exam Method: Online assessment
- Exam Format: Multiple-choice questions
- Number of Questions: 10 or less per HMM module
- Time Allowed: The assessment can be retaken as many times as you need to pass
- Passing Grade: You must score at least 70% on the assessment.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: