Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines Course (partner-taught or self-study)
About the course
8-10 hour partner-taught or self-study course
Examine technical aspects of how to ship infectious substances by air (Division 6.2 - Categories A & B), and how to promote safe and efficient handling practices in the workplace.
Course code: TCGP-43
- This is a partner-taught or self-study course, which will take you approximately 8-10 hours to complete, depending on your previous knowledge and experience.
- The course materials are provided in e-book or printed format. Please choose the format when you register.
- You will have 12 months to complete the course and exam (enrollment validity), which starts from the date you purchase the course.
- The recommended level for this course is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- Performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Please note: Once you have completed the exam you will no longer have access to the course material, and after the 12-month enrollment validity expires you will no longer have access to the course content, nor will you be able to take the exam.
Study with the help of an Instructor
If you would prefer to study this course with the help of a local trainer, enrol at an IATA Authorized Training Center near you.
- Please refer to our shipping fees and applicable taxes.
- When you click to purchase the course, you will be directed to login to your Training Account through our Customer Portal. If you have previously taken a course with IATA, please have your login details ready, if not, you will be prompted to create an account.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, a Training Account must be created for each individual. Registration and payment must be made through each individual Training Account. You may pay for multiple individuals by using one credit card or bank transfer in each individual’s users Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact our Customer Service representatives for more information on how to register multiple users.
USD 320 (printed)
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Apply the technical aspects of shipping infectious substances by air
- Review the current Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines based on the latest IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations Manual
- Use our step-by step workbook with the current Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines publication
- Promote safe and efficient handling practices in the workplace
- Facilitate shipments by ensuring compliance
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Classification, labeling, documentation, handling and emergency procedures for Infectious Substances
- Interactive exercises on proper completion of the Shipper's Declaration for Infectious Substances to ensure shipment compliance with Dangerous Goods Legislation
- Application of the current edition of the Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines manual
- Discussions of key issues involved in the shipping of infectious substances
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Medical personnel
- Laboratory personnel shipping viruses for research purposes
- Airline cargo acceptance agents and freight forwarders
- Pharmaceutical company employees
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Format: 79 multiple-choice questions
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 80% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 1
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Special Cargo Handling Diploma (Self-study)
Develop a solid foundation for your cargo career by gaining knowledge and skills to accept and handle special cargo products such as dangerous goods, live animals and pharmaceuticals