Did you know that in the past 5 years, 130 participants from 40 countries have taken this course with IATA?
5-day (30 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Instructors in our industry need to have strong skills in both instructional techniques and their subject area. This course will show you how to train personnel at all levels about the intricacies of shipping infectious substances by air. While learning key instructional skills, you will also gain confidence in your knowledge of handling potentially dangerous pathogens over the entire shipping process. You will also have multiple opportunities to evaluate your approach to the design, delivery, and assessment of training. With a strong focus on presentation skills and training best practices, you will gain valuable feedback from experienced facilitators in a practical and constructive learning environment.
Course Code: TCGG-10-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 30 hours to complete and be held over 5 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have 2 years working knowledge and experience in hazardous materials and/or infectious substances.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Design and prepare a course
Conduct a course from start to wrap-up
Apply the principles of learning and active training
Teach the technical aspects of shipping infectious substances by air
Reference the current Infectious Substances Shipping Regulations (ISSR) based on the most recent IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations Manual
Guide students through a course workbook in conjunction with the current Infectious Substances Shipping Regulations publication
Evaluate the effectiveness of a course and of your training techniques
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Classification, labelling, documentation, handling and emergency procedures for infectious substances
- Application of the current edition of the Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines manual
- Lesson planning techniques
- Course design and development
- Instructional methods and strategies
Each participant will receive a complimentary copy of the latest IATA Infectious Substances Shipping Regulations manual in e-book format. It is an indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.
This course is recommended for:
- Laboratory and research professionals
- Health and medical professionals
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.