Infectious Substances Transport - Train the Trainer (Classroom)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 39 participants from 24 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Instructors in our industry need to have strong skills in both instructional techniques and their subject area. This course will show you how to train personnel at all levels about the intricacies of shipping infectious substances by air. While learning key instructional skills, you will also gain confidence in your knowledge of handling potentially dangerous pathogens over the entire shipping process. You will also have multiple opportunities to evaluate your approach to the design, delivery, and assessment of training. With a strong focus on presentation skills and training best practices, you will gain valuable feedback from experienced facilitators in a practical and constructive learning environment.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TCGG-10
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have 2 years working knowledge and experience in hazardous materials and/or infectious substances
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Switzerland, Geneva (IATA)
25 - 29 April, 2022
Register before 23 Jan, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 04 Apr
All prices are before tax. Class no: 148691
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Design and prepare a course
Conduct a course from start to wrap-up
Apply the principles of learning and active training
Teach the technical aspects of shipping infectious substances by air
Reference the current Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines based on the most recent IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations Manual
Guide students through a course workbook in conjunction with the current Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines publication
Evaluate the effectiveness of a course and of your training techniques
- Classification, labelling, documentation, handling and emergency procedures for infectious substances
- Application of the current edition of the Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines manual
- Lesson planning techniques
- Course design and development
- Instructional methods and strategies
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Laboratory and research professionals
- Health and medical professionals
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the course and final examination.