3-day (12 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
IATA’s Risk-based IOSA – Program Fundamentals course introduces the main features of the risk-based IOSA (RBI) program, which aims to enhance the safety and quality of airline operations. You will learn how to apply risk thinking and process-based auditing to identify and prioritize the areas of highest risk in your organization. You will also learn how to assess the maturity level of your processes and systems, and how to prepare for and conduct an RBI audit. The course covers the information exchange with IATA before, during and after the audit, as well as the follow-up actions required to close any findings or observations.
Course Code: TALS-96-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 12 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 1 live interactive virtual classroom session per day, of 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have previous airline auditing knowledge and experience
- Recommended training: IOSA Program Fundamentals or a prior IOSA training course
- Recommended level is Entry-level.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Relate the principles of the new RBI audit methodology
- Correctly prepare for the RBI audit
- Support the optimal execution of the RBI audit
- Perform the appropriate follow-up activities to ensure effective audit closure
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- RBI methodologies Overview
- RBI audit preparation (information sharing and planning logistics)
- RBI Audit conduct (methods and new dynamics)
- RBI Audit follow-up (Corrective action plan management)
This course is recommended for:
- Quality, safety and operations personnel
- IOSA coordinators
- Airline internal auditor
- Quality analysts
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.