Operational Cyber Security in Aviation (LIVE virtual classroom)
About the course
3-day (18 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
This Operational Cyber Security in Aviation course will provide you with more in-depth skills to evaluate and mitigate the risk of a cyber-attack, and protect your critical systems, information, assets and data in aviation. Practical exercises with case studies and demonstrations from experienced cyber security experts in aviation will help you to understand cyber risks assessment requirements, identify and implement security measures, understand the aviation regulatory framework requirements and adjust your level of cyber security posture in day-to-day operations. It provides a perfect platform for people wishing to extend and deepen their knowledge in aviation cyber security.
Course Code: TSCS-64-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 18 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants are recommended to have completed the IATA Aviation Cyber Security before taking this course.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
6 - 8 November, 2023
Register before Aug 06, 2023 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 16 Oct
Find out more about our Early Bird Terms.
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 172906
2 daily LIVE sessions:
16:30-19:30 & 20:30-23:30 Beijing/Singapore
12:30-15:30 & 16:30-19:30 Dubai
10:30-13:30 & 14:30-17:30 Geneva/Paris
8:30-11:30 & 12:30-15:30 UTC
Please note that these timings may be subject to change.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Describe regulatory requirements at international, regional, and national level in aviation cyber security
- Select the most suitable industrial standards for aviation organizations
- Propose security and protection measures for critical assets in aviation
- Devise cyber security risk assessments and risk treatment plan
- Adjust level of cyber security posture in operations
- Propose a first step of Cyber Security Management System in your business
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- International, regional, national regulations, standards and acceptable means of compliance (AMCs)
- The current cyber threat landscape and its evolutions in aviation
- Overview of Airline, Airport, ATC, Aircraft and Drone systems
- Vulnerability management process
- Risk assessment and risk treatment plan
- Supply chain risk management
- Common threat scenarios and attack methods in aviation and associated security measures
- Emergency Management and Incident Response
- Cyber Security Management System in aviation organization
Each participant will receive a complimentary copy of the latest IATA Cybersecurity Risk Assessment Guidance Material (CRAGM) in e-book format. It is an indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline and Airport operators, ANSPs
- Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul providers
- IT developers, providers and cyber security specialists
- Government and Regulators staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.