Operational Cyber Security in Aviation (LIVE virtual classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
This Operational Cyber Security in Aviation course will provide you with more in-depth skills to evaluate and mitigate the risk of a cyber-attack, protect your critical systems, information, assets and data in aviation. Practical exercises with case studies and demonstrations from experienced cyber security experts in aviation will help you to understand cyber risks assessment requirements, identify and implement security measures, understand the aviation regulatory framework requirements and adjust your level of cyber security posture in day-to-day operations. It provides a perfect platform for people wishing to extend and deepen knowledge in aviation cyber security.
Course Code: TSCS-64-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 18 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- Participants are recommended to have completed the IATA Aviation Cyber Security before taking this course.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
30 November - 2 December, 2021
Register before 09 Nov, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 16 Nov
All prices are before tax. Class no: 144651
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Americas (IATA)
15 - 17 December, 2021
Register before 24 Nov, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 02 Dec
All prices are before tax. Class no: 144654
Virtual Classroom Training Information
Two sessions daily:
13:00-16:00 & 17:00-20:00 UTC
09:00-12:00 & 13:00-16:00 Miami/Montreal
(last day 1 additional hour at the last session for the exam)
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Describe regulatory requirements at international, regional, and national level in aviation cyber security
- Select the most suitable industrial standards for aviation organizations
- Propose security and protection measures for critical assets in aviation
- Devise cyber security risk assessments and risk treatment plan
- Adjust level of cyber security posture in operations
- Propose a first step of Cyber Security Management System in your business
- International, regional, national regulations, standards and acceptable means of compliance (AMCs)
- The current cyber threat landscape and its evolutions in aviation
- Overview of Airline, Airport, ATC, Aircraft and Drone systems
- Vulnerability management process
- Risk assessment and risk treatment plan
- Supply chain risk management
- Common threat scenarios and attack methods in aviation and associated security measures
- Emergency Management and Incident Response
- Cyber Security Management System in aviation organization
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline and Airport operators, ANSPs
- Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul providers
- IT developers, providers and cyber security specialists
- Government and Regulators staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.