Did you know that in the past 2 years, 31 participants from 2 countries have taken this course with IATA?
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
This Operational Cyber Security in Aviation course will provide you with more in-depth skills to evaluate and mitigate the risk of a cyber-attack, protect your critical systems, information, assets and data in aviation. Practical exercises with case studies and demonstrations from experienced cyber security experts in aviation will help you to understand cyber risks assessment requirements, identify and implement security measures, understand the aviation regulatory framework requirements and adjust your level of cyber security posture in day-to-day operations. It provides a perfect platform for people wishing to extend and deepen knowledge in aviation cyber security.
Course Code: TSCS-64
- Participants are recommended to have completed the IATA Aviation Cyber Security before taking this course.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Describe regulatory requirements at international, regional, and national level in aviation cyber security
- Select the most suitable industrial standards for aviation organizations
- Propose security and protection measures for critical assets in aviation
- Devise cyber security risk assessments and risk treatment plan
- Adjust level of cyber security posture in operations
- Propose a first step of Cyber Security Management System in your business
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- International, regional, national regulations, standards and acceptable means of compliance (AMCs)
- The current cyber threat landscape and its evolutions in aviation
- Overview of Airline, Airport, ATC, Aircraft and Drone systems
- Vulnerability management process
- Risk assessment and risk treatment plan
- Supply chain risk management
- Common threat scenarios and attack methods in aviation and associated security measures
- Emergency Management and Incident Response
- Cyber Security Management System in aviation organization
Each participant will receive a complimentary copy of the latest IATA Cybersecurity Risk Assessment Guidance Material (CRAGM) in e-book format. It is an indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.
This course is recommended for:
- Airline and Airport operators, ANSPs
- Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul providers
- IT developers, providers and cyber security specialists
- Government and Regulators staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.