Did you know that in the past 5 years, 116 participants from 17 countries have taken this course with IATA?
5-day (40 hours) classroom course
Improve your skills and knowledge in calculating the prorated value of passenger flights and excess baggage. Assess your entitlement in accordance with the Multilateral Proration Agreements – Passenger (MPA-P).
Course code: TALF-57
- Participants must have completed IATA's Fundamentals of Passenger Proration course or have at least one year working experience in proration.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
Improve your understanding of tariff construction and its likely impact on your revenue entitlement
Establish your entitlement in accordance with the Multilateral Proration Agreements – Passenger (MPA-P)
Determine the components of value within your Special Proration Agreements (SPAs)
Recognize the assumption rules when details are missing, or if contradictory information is indicated on a ticket
Transform your revenue evaluation into information that can be shared with the commercial area of your airline
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Prorate factors and base amounts as per Part II of the PM-P
- The amount to be prorated – applicable fares
- Currency conversion Revenue Accounting Manual (RAM), chapter A12
- Rules with regard to provisos
- Presentation of provisos
Application of provisos
E1 general rules
E2 assumption rules
This course is recommended for:
Revenue Accounting Managers
- Yield and Tariff Analysts
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.