Passenger Proration - Advanced (Classroom, 5 days)
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 227 participants from 36 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Improve your skills and knowledge in calculating the prorate value of passenger flight and excess baggage. Assess your entitlement in accordance with the Multilateral Proration Agreements – Passenger (MPA-P).
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALF-57
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants must have complete IATA's Fundamentals of Passenger Proration course or have at least one year working experience in proration
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
Understand tariff construction and its likely impact on your revenue entitlement
Establish your entitlement in accordance with the Multilateral Proration Agreements – Passenger (MPA-P)
Determine the components of value within your Special Proration Agreements (SPAs)
Understand the assumption rules when details are missing, or if contradictory information is indicated on a ticket
Transform your revenue evaluation into information that can be shared with the commercial area of your airline
- Prorate factors and base amounts as per Part II of the PM-P
- The amount to be prorated – applicable fares
- Currency conversion Revenue Accounting Manual (RAM), chapter A12
- Rules with regard to provisos
- Presentation of provisos
Application of provisos
E1 general rules
E2 assumption rules
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Revenue Accounting Managers
Yield and Tariff Analysts
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: