Did you know that in the past 5 years, 100 participants from 16 countries have taken this course with IATA?
4-day (12 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Improve your skills and knowledge in calculating the prorate value of passenger flight and excess baggage. Assess your entitlement in accordance with the Multilateral Proration Agreements – Passenger (MPA-P).
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALF-57-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 12 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants must have completed IATA's Fundamentals of Passenger Proration course or have at least one year working experience in proration.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
Improve your understanding of tariff construction and its likely impact on your revenue entitlement
Establish your entitlement in accordance with the Multilateral Proration Agreements – Passenger (MPA-P)
Determine the components of value within your Special Proration Agreements (SPAs)
Recognize the assumption rules when details are missing, or if contradictory information is indicated on a ticket
Transform your revenue evaluation into information that can be shared with the commercial area of your airline
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Prorate factors and base amounts as per Part II of the PM-P
- The amount to be prorated – applicable fares
- Currency conversion Revenue Accounting Manual (RAM), chapter A12
- Rules with regard to provisos
- Presentation of provisos
Application of provisos
E1 general rules
E2 assumption rules
This course is recommended for:
Revenue Accounting Managers
Yield and Tariff Analysts
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.