Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) for Processing DG Consignments - Initial (classroom)
You can also take this course online in a LIVE virtual classroom setting:
About the course
4-day (32 hours) classroom course
For Personnel Responsible for Processing Dangerous Goods Consignments as per IATA DGR section 1.5 and in accordance with CBTA approach for well-defined function H.6.3. | Previously covered under category 3.
Find out more about the CBTA approach well-defined functions, current courses and previous corresponding categories
Safety is paramount in the aviation industry: Ensure that you know how to read and apply the regulations for the transport of dangerous goods by air that are commensurate to your job function and tasks. These regulations include legal requirements, operational restrictions, packaging instructions, marking, labeling and documentation to ensure the safe transportation of these goods. Gain the competencies to process shipments containing dangerous goods according to the current edition of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) manual and in accordance with the Competency-Based Training and Assessment approach (CBTA).
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TCGG-63
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 or the equivalent for courses held in languages other than English.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Fulfil the regulatory compliance requirements
- Perform tasks involved in processing dangerous goods consignments
- Apply IATA’s DGR manual to process dangerous goods consignments accurately
- Discuss the legal responsibilities of stakeholders involved in the transportation of dangerous goods by air
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Legal responsibilities of key stakeholders
- Understanding and applying relevant sections of current IATA DGR
- Importance of accurate identification and classification of dangerous goods
- Safety implications of packaging types and net quantity limitations
- End-to-end communication of hazards and handling requirements using correct marks and labels
- Radioactive material transportation
- Impact of State and Operator variations on dangerous goods acceptance
- Exercises and case studies; practical exercises based on simulated scenarios
- Final Assessment (theoretical/practical)
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Personnel working for cargo agents, consolidators and freight forwarder who are responsible for processing dangerous goods consignments from shippers to airlines
- IATA Cargo agent applicants willing to fulfill the training requirements for DGR
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Dangerous Goods Operations Diploma
Learn the regulatory requirements to handle the air transport of dangerous goods.