Selling Leisure and Corporate Travel (LIVE virtual classroom)
About the course
5-day (20 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Are you looking to revive travel business post
pandemic? Are you exploring ways to reach new customer segments during the
industry restart? Do you want to sharpen your selling and marketing skills to
increase your customer base? Yes? Then, this course is for you. It will enable
you to critically evaluate your business strategy for selling travel and tour
packages, bring efficiency to manage your sales pipeline and develop consulting
skills to build long-term client relationships.
Course Code: TTTG-41-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete and be held over 5 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 or the equivalent for courses held in languages other than English.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Manage product development and event planning
- Develop marketing and promotion strategies
- Evaluate your business development strategies
- Build long-term supplier relationships
- Be effective in negotiations with hotels, airlines and customers
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Success factors for TMC and travel agency operations
- Sustainable mobility and its implications for tourism
- Technology and innovation in the travel industry
- Business development process
- Maximizing your Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
- Supplier management
- Yield management strategies
- Customer segmentation for travel industry
- Negotiation skills
- Building sales pipeline
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Travel agency staff
- Sales staff in travel industry
- Airline sales and marketing staff
- Travel consultants
- Managers in the travel industry
An IATA Certificate is awarded
upon successful completion of the course and an assessment.