4-day (20 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
This course reflects the progress on Safety Management System (SMS) practical knowledge as well as conceptual thinking since 2006, both resulting from shared industry experiences. It includes the latest requirements regarding safety culture and the enhanced protection for safety data and safety information included in the latest edition of Annex 19. Implementation of an SMS became mandatory for airline international operations in November 2006. Since then, the airline community has developed considerable experience and acquired important “lessons learned” regarding both SMS implementation and operation.
Course Code: TALS-77-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 1 live interactive virtual classroom session per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- If you don’t have knowledge of Safety Management System concepts, we recommend that you take the IATA Safety Management Systems Fundamentals eLearning course before this course.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Build a positive safety culture with top management as the SMS champion
- Make improvements to your maintenance (Mx) operations that will prevent costly accidents, incidents and injuries to staff
- Apply the SMS as an effective management tool for safety performance and productivity
- Achieve business goals through risk management practices
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Safety requirements
- Risk management
- Safety measurement, maintenance and control
- Safety culture – What is Mx Culture
- SMS and finance
This course is recommended for:
- Quality Managers
- Safety Managers
- Maintenance operational supervisory and line staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.