Social Media for Travel Industry - E-Learning - English
This “how to” e-learning course is designed for travel professionals and highlights how to implement marketing activities through the four major social networking sites: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. You will learn essential theory about the role social media plays in the travel industry and, most importantly, how to implement social media strategies that can increase business opportunities.
- This e-learning course requires approximately 20 hours of study, to be completed within 6 months.
- A practical project assignment is also required to earn the course certificate.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact Us for more information on how to register multiple users.
Course fee by license
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Describe the different definitions and applications used in Social Media
- Define the benefits of Social Media in the business environment
- Explain how various travel sectors use Social Media
- Design a practical company blog and Social Networking page
- Create a Social Media campaign for your business
The course is divided into three modules:
- Social media definitions, the history of social media, its applications and benefits;
- Social media marketing in business, how it is being used effectively and the attributes and facets of the biggest social media networks;
- How to create social media profiles and design effective social media marketing campaigns.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Travel marketing specialists
- Travel agents and tour operators
- Event planners and managers
- Travel industry business development and sales managers
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 25 + assignment
- Time Allowance: 2 hours
- Passing Grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 1