Design a Sustainability Strategy - Advanced (LIVE virtual classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
course is the most advanced of our courses on designing a sustainability
strategy and is divided into 3 parts. The first part will focus on a general
overview of designing a sustainability strategy; the second part will focus on
the instructor providing some examples and guiding you through your own
sustainability plan, and the third part of the course will rely on your
individual and group work on complex case studies. The general strategy
includes carefully laid out timelines and goals in order to position your
business to meet all regulatory and pressing sustainability issues and to meet
passenger and corporate expectations in the marketplace. The course is designed
to empower you to design your own sustainability strategy that is aligned with
your corporate strategy and supported by a well-thought-out plan.
Course Code: TALL-33-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 35 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes. An additional 19 hours is required for self-study, group exercises and the final assignment.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have 3-5 years of experience related to sustainability or be senior management.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
7 - 10 December, 2021
Register before 16 Nov, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 23 Nov
All prices are before tax. Class no: 147891
Virtual Classroom Training Information
2 daily LIVE sessions:
17:00-19:00 & 20:00-22:00 Dubai
14:00-16:00 & 17:00-19:00 Geneva/Paris
8:00-10:00 & 11:00-13:00 Miami/Montreal
13:00-15:00 & 16:00-18:00 UTC
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Develop a relevant, comprehensive and dynamic sustainability strategy
- Describe the materiality matrix and how it can be applied to the aviation industry
- Analyze different measures your company could implement on its way to sustainability
- Create a roadmap on how to communicate and align internally
- Identify the best communication strategies around sustainability at your company
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Sustainability in aviation
- Environmental sustainability
- Materiality matrix
- Social and economical sustainability
- Stakeholder engagement
- Strategic marketing
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Middle/senior-level aviation manager interested in sustainability
- Environmental managers
- Sustainability managers
- Marketing and communications professionals
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: