Design a Sustainability Strategy - Advanced (Classroom)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
course is the most advanced of our courses on designing a sustainability
strategy and is divided into 3 parts. The first part will focus on a general
overview of designing a sustainability strategy; the second part will focus on
the instructor providing some examples and guiding you through your own
sustainability plan, and the third part of the course will rely on your
individual and group work on complex case studies. The general strategy
includes carefully laid out timelines and goals in order to position your
business to meet all regulatory and pressing sustainability issues and to meet
passenger and corporate expectations in the marketplace. The course is designed to empower you to design your own sustainability strategy that is aligned with your corporate strategy and supported by a well-thought-out plan.
Course Code: TALL-33
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32+8 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor. An additional 8 hours is required for self-study, group exercises and the final assignment to be delivered online.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Participants should have 3-5 years of experience related to sustainability or be senior management.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Develop a relevant, comprehensive and dynamic sustainability strategy
- Describe the materiality matrix and how it can be applied to the aviation industry
- Analyze different measures your company could implement on its way to sustainability
- Create a roadmap on how to communicate and align internally
- Identify the best communication strategies around sustainability at your company
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Sustainability in aviation
- Environmental sustainability
- Materiality matrix
- Social and economical sustainability
- Stakeholder engagement
- Strategic marketing
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Middle/senior-level aviation manager interested in sustainability
- Environmental managers
- Sustainability managers
- Marketing and communications professionals
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: