Did you know that in the past 5 years, 50 participants from 9 countries have taken this course with IATA?
3-day (18 hours) classroom course
IATA’s Tax Planning and Compliance for International Airline Professionals course will provide you with insight and knowledge on direct and indirect taxation related to the aviation sector, as well as the tax treatment of flight and cabin crew members. You will learn about the basic tax principles applying to the airline industry, the various tax touchpoints across an air journey, the current complexities relevant to taxation in the aviation industry and the necessary skills to identify critical issues to mitigate the tax risks your business may face.
Course code: TALG-16
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completion of this course you will be able
- Apply the general principles of direct taxation in the context of the aviation industry
- Explain the main types of indirect taxation in the airline industry
- Manage and improve airlines’ tax compliance
- Apply skills and best practices to airlines’ day-to-day tax issues
- Get insights and understand IATA’s advocacy related to industry taxation
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Direct tax
- Indirect tax
- Tax treatment of flight and cabin crew members
- Interactive instructor-led classroom sessions
- Self-study materials
- Interactive exercises
- Case studies
This course is recommended for:
- Airline tax professionals of entry-level and
mid-level and professionals with extensive background of the airline industry
with limited tax field knowledge or experience.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.