Did you know that in the past 4 years, 69 participants from 28 countries have taken this course with IATA?
1-day (8 hour) LIVE virtual classroom course
Here is your chance to learn what everybody should know about Unit load Devices (ULD) and their operation in air transport. This live, interactive instructor-led classroom session will guide you through the operation from identification right up to aircraft loading and ULD break down at destination, covering the fundamental facts of safety at this level.
Course code: TCGG-34-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 8 hours to complete and be held on 1 day.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The course will include live interactive virtual classroom sessions requiring your participation, multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Entry-level.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify different types of ULDs and what their markings represent
- Describe the difference between certified and non-certified ULDs
- Identify damages on ULDs (Airworthiness, ODLN).
- Know the basics of ULD protection at build up and breakdown
- Recognize the correct storage/transport procedures of ULDs
- Interpret the aircraft weight limitations correctly
- Distinguish how the ULD is secured in the aircraft
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- ULD classification and identification
- Airworthiness according ODLN
- Safe build-up of cargo
- Correct weighing and ULD tagging
- Aircraft weight limitations
- Securing the ULD in the aircraft
- Storage and transport of ULDs
Each participant will receive a copy of the latest IATA ULD Regulations (ULDR) manual in e-book format. It is an indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.
This course is recommended for:
- Airline Staff
- Ground Handling Agent/CTO Staff
- Cargo Agents/Forwarder Staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.