ULD Safety and Inspection (LIVE virtual classroom)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 44 participants from 21 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
1-day (8 hour) LIVE virtual classroom course
Here is your chance to learn what everybody should know about Unit load Devices (ULD) and their operation in air transport. This live, interactive instructor-led classroom session will guide you through the operation from identification right up to aircraft loading and ULD break down at destination, covering the fundamental facts of safety at this level.
Course code: TCGG-34-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 8 hours to complete and be held on one day.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The course will include live interactive virtual classroom sessions requiring your participation, multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Entry-level.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
2 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Americas (IATA)
6 December, 2022
Register before 05 Sep, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 22 Nov
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 149121
Virtual Classroom Training Information
2 daily LIVE sessions:
10:30-12:30 & 13:30-15:30 Miami/Montreal
16:30-18:30 & 19:30-21:30 Geneva/Paris
19:30-21:30 & 22:30-0:30 Dubai
15:30-17:30 & 18:30-20:30 UTC
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify different types of ULDs and what their markings represent
- Describe the difference between certified and non-certified ULDs
- Identify damages on ULDs (Airworthiness, ODLN).
- Know the basics of ULD protection at build up and breakdown
- Recognize the correct storage/transport procedures of ULDs
- Interpret the aircraft weight limitations correctly
- Distinguish how the ULD is secured in the aircraft
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- ULD classification and identification
- Airworthiness according ODLN
- Safe build-up of cargo
- Correct weighing and ULD tagging
- Aircraft weight limitations
- Securing the ULD in the aircraft
- Storage and transport of ULDs
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline Staff
- Ground Handling Agent/CTO Staff
- Cargo Agents/Forwarder Staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.