Implementing Voluntary Passenger Carbon Offset Programs (Classroom, 2 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
This 2-day virtual classroom course will give you the insights and understanding on how to successfully implement and run a passenger offset program. Learn how to improve passenger acceptance and increase uptake rates by applying best practices for carbon offsetting. You will be provided with the tools and knowledge to implement a successful voluntary passenger offset program and learn about the key technical aspects of embedding an offset functionality directly into the online booking process of airlines. You will learn how to link this functionality with credible and impactful carbon offset project offerings, calculate your airline’s per passenger CO2 emissions based on aerodrome pairs and travel class, and how to apply the most accurate carbon calculator methodology.
Course code: TALL-26
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Explain the major components needed to implement a successful voluntary carbon offset program
- Describe the technical requirements for implementation of an offset program into the online booking process of airlines.
- Explain carbon calculation and methodologies to derive CO2 emissions per passenger.
- Select carbon offset projects and applying best practices for voluntary carbon offsetting.
- Understanding the opportunities and risks of a voluntary offset program
- How to implement an offset functionality into the online booking process of airlines
- Key stakeholders for implementation
- Carbon calculator and different carbon calculation methodologies
- Selecting charismatic and impactful carbon offset projects
- How to communicate an offset program to passengers
- How to avoid risks related to offset programs and potential reputational damage linked to offset projects
- Improving passenger program acceptance and offset uptake rates.
- Instructor based classroom sessions
- Self-study material
- Exercises and case studies
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Environment, compliance, and corporate strategy managers
- Airline sustainability
- Airline communication
- Government affairs, marketing, and communication mangers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.