Get a comprehensive review of financial analysis and modeling techniques used to resolve challenges faced by airline financial managers, and learn how to resolve common problems faced by financial decision makers.
Gain the knowledge to view your company from a financial perspective, and learn accounting terms and concepts to help you manage financial matters with confidence.
Finance in Aviation courses
IATA's Finance in Aviation courses will help you understand payment card transactions from authorization to settlement, fraud prevention and remediation, and why the Payment Card Industry Security Standard (PCI DSS) is an important step in protecting cardholder data.
Accounting and Finance for Non-Finance Managers
3 Days/24 Hours
Gain the knowledge to view your company from a financial perspective, and be taught accounting terms and concepts to help you manage financial matters with confidence.
- Business unit managers
- Junior finance managers
- Accounting team managers
- Understand and use specific financial vocabulary
- Apply accounting techniques
- Understand financial reports, including annual reports
- Identify limitations of financial statements
Learn more about our Accounting and Finance for Non-Finance Managers course.
Airline Financial Management
5 Days/40 Hours
Equip yourself with comprehensive review of financial analysis and modeling techniques used to resolve challenges faced by airline financial managers.
- Financial managers
- Revenue managers
- Operations, marketing, IT, legal and commercial aviation staff
- “lease vs. buy” decision from a client's perspective
- Capital budgeting process
- Identifying and implementing financial derivatives
- Applying financial techniques to the airline industry
- Utilizing airline cost structure
Learn more about our Airline Financial Management course.
IFRS 16, Accounting for Leases in the Aviation Industry
2 Days/16 Hours
Study key International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) 16, Leases, used for preparing financial statements in the airline industry, which is effective for annual periods beginning on or after 1 January 2019.
- Airline or other transportation industry finance or system professionals involved in the implementation of IFRS 16, Leases
- Auditors of the transportation industry
- Analysts, bankers and investors focused on the transportation industry
- Analyze arrangements to determine whether they contain leases
- Determine what interest rate is used to discount the lease payments
- Apply the standard to lease extension, cancellation and mutual agreement options
- Account for restoration, maintenance and leasing costs?
- Account for contracts at airports for office space, hangars, lounges, gate areas, and other facilities
- Understand how to hedge the foreign currency exposure on the financial liability
- Account for contract modifications
- Account for lease incentives
- Understand how to account for contracts based on variables rates like LIBOR.
- Understand how IFRS and US GAAP differ on leases
- Understand the transitional provision options
Learn more about our IFRS 16, Accounting for Leases in the Aviation Industry course.