Did you know that 65% of airline bookings are influenced by airline revenue managers?
Revenue Management (RM) is a backbone of the airline business. Over the years, the industry has developed sophisticated systems for forecasting demand, managing inventory, and responding to competitors’ prices in the market. But no matter how much technology has evolved, the pricing and revenue management teams are the ones influencing the outcome.
Through a series of 3 consecutive courses, IATA offers the ultimate revenue management training. Try and test, win and lose in a risk-free environment with the help of a revenue management simulator. No matter if you are at the beginning of a career in revenue management or you are an expert with 5+ years of experience in the field, you will find a course suitable to your needs.
RM and Pricing with simulation
Explore the fundamentals and principles of airline revenue management through a combination of theory and hands-on practice, and validate your learning using our sophisticated airline revenue management simulator. Over 4 days, you will learn how to optimize airline revenue through pricing strategies, controls and forecasting.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the fundamental revenue management methodologies
- Create fare structures
- Optimize revenue per flight
- Evaluate and choose the right revenue management alternatives
- Apply principles of performance monitoring to achieve revenue objectives
- Summarize demand characteristics
- Distinguish forecasting and optimization methodologies
- Track and monitor initiatives and policies
Find out more about the Revenue Management and Pricing with simulation course
RM Practitioners with simulation
Gain a competitive advantage with this advanced course on airline revenue management concepts, and validate your learning using our sophisticated airline management revenue simulator. Learn how to maximize your revenue by achieving a balance between demand, reservation scheduling and variable pricing, and strengthen your analytical skills for critical tasks and situations. In this 4-day course you will evaluate the different revenue management systems currently available, analyze inventory control, pricing issues and recent trends.
What you will learn
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Review your revenue management processes
- Review your pricing approach
- Apply specific revenue management steering methodologies
- Analyze and use your Revenue Management System more effectively
- Handle demand influences (seasonality and events)
- Explain and handle the characteristics of connecting traffic
- Choose the right systems
- Appraise competitor behavior and develop counter strategies
- Counter spiral-down effects: self-fulfilling prophecy
Find out more about the Revenue Management for Practitioners with simulation course
RM Expert Training with simulation
Designed for experts in revenue management, this advanced course can be tailored to your specific needs, and provides the opportunity to validate your knowledge using our sophisticated airline management revenue simulator. You will have the opportunity to focus on special revenue management subjects whilst collaborating with senior revenue management experts and exploring the future trends of revenue management.
Our unique revenue management simulator will enable you to experience hands-on management of your own airline in a competitive environment using the full range of tactics and features of a complex revenue management system. Learn how to defend your market share and optimize revenues, react to specific simulated effects and evaluate and compare different revenue management methodologies to calibrate your revenue management systems.
Please contact us to find out how you can arrange this course as an in-house course.
IATA offers a step-by-step approach to Revenue Management training. Learn how airlines optimize revenue management opportunities, apply financial analysis and modeling techniques, and resolve common problems faced by financial decision-makers. Examine why airlines are launching multi-brand products to compete more cost-effectively in the marketplace, and how the development of profitable network fleet plans and an effective flight schedule benefit the revenue of an airline.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this diploma you will be able to:
- Summarize the fundamentals of revenue management
- Describe the development and effective deployment of revenue management tactics, policies and programs
- Analyze the characteristics of connecting traffic effect in a leg-based revenue management system
- Apply specific RM steering methodologies such as overbooking and decrementing
- Predict competitor behavior and develop counter strategies
- Analyze the methods for price-sensitive revenue management
- Identify key issues for implementation and calibration of revenue management systems
Find out more about the Revenue Management Diploma Program