Legal Symposium 2017
Current. Global. Relevant.
Exchange ideas and experiences, explore solutions and network with the airline industry’s foremost legal experts. With a reputation for insight, relevance and value among airline counsel, private practitioners and government lawyers alike, the IATA Legal Symposium is the world's principal aviation law conference. Join us in Washington DC for an unrivalled examination of the contemporary and emerging legal challenges facing the sector.
February 21 - February 23, 2017
Washington DC, USA
Mandarin Oriental Washington DC
Airlines, Lawyers, Regulators and Policymakers
The IATA Legal Symposium is the world's premier annual aviation law event, with a reputation for insight, relevance and value among in-house counsel, private practitioners and government lawyers alike. The event is well known for its engaging subject matter, outstanding speakers, lively debate and, of course, some of the best networking opportunities you'll find anywhere in the industry. In 2017, this flagship IATA conference will draw upon leading experts, from every corner of the world, to examine the key challenges of our legal and regulatory environment.
- IATA's Chief Economist’s report on legal and regulatory burdens
- New markets analysis - opportunities and challenges for Cuba and Iran
- Trains, planes, automobiles … and drones?
- Regulatory and legal developments across North America
- Security challenges in light of increased threats to airports
- Regulating competition at capacity-restricted airports
- Environmental developments following ICAO meetings – Global MBM?
- Expanding plaintiff approaches to consumer protection claims against airlines
- Grand debate
Previous Event Information
Catch up on all the news from the world's principal aviation law event in Barcelona, 2016.
Legal Symposium 2016 - Photos
Legal Symposium 2016 - Video